[OpenAFS] testing 1.3.70 was Re: authentication vs authorization

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:

> I would be glad to test 1.3.70, however I don't see a 1.3.70 build for
> Solaris 9 (x86 or sparc, which I run on my main AFS servers,) available for
> download.  I do not have access to the Sun compiler for x86 and have not ever
> had any luck using gcc to compile OpenAFS.  Could someone provide a Solaris 9
> x86 (and sparc) build for 1.3.70?  I thought I read that there were some
> problems related to Sun patches breaking things on Solaris 9.  As that was
> only a few days ago I assume this is still the case?

There's a problem with vfsck on Solaris 9 after a certain patch revision.
I don't have a handle on that yet. However, the lack of Solaris 9 builds
at all will be rectified soon (with said bug in place) and Joakim Fallsjo
was working on x86 Solaris builds also, and will presumably send them
along when he has time.