[OpenAFS] creating multiple volumes/users at once?

pll+ew@permabit.com pll+ew@permabit.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:46:37 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:04:10 EDT
Derek Atkins said:

>Shell script:
>
>for name in a b c d e ; do
>  vos create $server $partition user.$name
>done

I recently wrote a short afs_adduser and afs_deluser script to do
this.  The script also does things like set their afs uid to be the
same as their UNIX uid and adds them to certain groups etc., based on
our environment.  I'll gladly send them to the list or people
privately (whichever is preferred).

They're not pretty; getting it done was the priority, not elegance.

You'll likely have to customize it some, since we do silly things like
use hesiod :)  But it's simple to create all the stuff required for a
list of users by:

 for i in `cat list_of_users.txt`
 do
  afs_adduser $i <groupname>
 done

Or something like that.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE