[OpenAFS] Anyone created AFSDB records using djbdns (a.k.a tinydns) ?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:28:22 -0400

On Thursday, August 26, 2004 16:01:01 -0500 Joshua Johnson
<joshua.johnson@ftlsys.com> wrote:

> I have been looking for a while trying to figure out the syntax of the
> "rdata" field for AFSDB records.
>
> Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I can get host, dig etc. to tell me they are getting a response of the
> right type, but the data does not seem to be there.
>
> The tinydns-data entry format I am using is:
> :fqdn.somewhere.com:18:((what goes here?)):<ttl>

Well, I can't tell you about tinydns's bizarre non-standard file format.

Using the internet standard zone file format, the format of the data for an
AFSDB resource record consists of a number followed by a domain name.

The number is a subtype; for AFS database servers the correct value is '1'.
The domain name is the canonical fully-qualified name of a database server;
for cells with multiple database servers, publish multiple records.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer