[OpenAFS] Mac OS X, AFS, and integrate

pll+afs@permabit.com pll+afs@permabit.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:33:49 -0400

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting MacOS X to acquire tokens for AFS.  I've
been following the directions mentioned at

   http://www-personal.umich.edu/~arosenbl/AFS102.html

but they seem to either not work with OS X.3 and AFS 1.3.70, or I'm
doing something drastically wrong.

AFS starts when the Mac boots, but I don't get tokens when I log in.
I have Kerberos installed, and the MIT Kerberos Extras package for
Mac OS X, and I can get my K5 tickets.

I've installed aklog, and can get tokens from the command line, but
still can't seem to access my AFS data.  I can see /afs and all the
cells, but I can't access any data in my cell (works fine on Linux
and Windows XP though).

Am I doing something wrong, or are there more up-to-date docs for
Mac OS X and AFS?  Any pointers gratefully accepted :)

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE