[OpenAFS] fileserver not registering correctly

Erwin Broschinski broschi@id.ethz.ch
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:02:58 +0200 (MEST)

On 30-Aug-2004 James E. Dobson wrote:
| ...around Aug 30, 2004  Erwin Broschinski aka (broschi@id.ethz.ch) said :
|
|> How is it possible, these have the same uuid?
|
| I believe this is stored in /usr/afs/local/sysid you can remove this and
| let the server create another one. Did you duplicate /usr/afs (or whatever
| your server path is) when you did the upgrade?
|
| http://www.rz.uni-hohenheim.de/netzwerkbetriebssysteme/afs36/debug/admin/news
| /sysid.html
|
| -jed

Yes, I had cloned the root disk and thus used /usr/afs/local/sysid for two
servers.
Although they had been created new, the problem now disappeared when I
stopped fs on both servers, removed the VLDB entry for the registered one,
moved both /usr/afs/local/sysid away and then restarted fs on both servers.
They registered separately and look healthy even after some bos restarts.

Thanx for the immediate help and the URL of the documentation :^)))

Erwin