[OpenAFS] dumb pts question

Craig Huckabee huck@spawar.navy.mil
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:40:38 -0400

Nickolai Zeldovich wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 14:20 -0400, Craig Huckabee wrote:
>
>>Is pts supposed to be AFSDB record aware
>

> Yes, all the tools and the cache manager should be AFSDB-aware.
> It should be possible to run without a CellServDB file at all
> (or maybe with an empty one -- I don't quite remember) and have
> full functionality.
>
> -- kolya

Hmmm - then something is broken here.  A 'pts listentries' fails without
a valid CellServDB, while afsd & fs seem perfectly happy to run with
just an entry for our local cell:

CellServDB contains just:
 >spawar.navy.mil        #SPAWAR Charleston, SC

and we get this:
[root@flamingo etc]# pts listentries
Name                          ID  Owner Creator
pts: no servers appear to be up ; unable to list entries

I have to list all of the servers for that command to work.  However, fs
seems happy:

[root@flamingo etc]# fs getserverprefs -vlservers
bandicoot.spawar.navy.mil                          10070
hyena.spawar.navy.mil                              10101
ichneuman.spawar.navy.mil                          10114
jackal.spawar.navy.mil                             10029
anaconda.spawar.navy.mil                           10066

The AFSDB records work for all other cases, including the Windows 1.3.71
client(s) we have.

--Craig