[OpenAFS] unable to start afs client

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:12:57 +0100

On Dec 1, 2004, at 11:38 PM, EC wrote:

> Hi Horst !!!
>
> I have some news : I've taken my PIV kernel and changed it to PIII.
> Then
> applied it to the PIII. Magic.... OpenAFS client works !!! Which means,
> since everything is built automatically, there AFS client is dependant
> of
> some options in the linux kernel (or is at least not happy with some
> option
> enabled..).
> I'll try to check that out !

As far as I recall you were having trouble with the creation and/or
access to "VolumeItems".
You got an error similar to ENOENT.

 From your information I don't see any connection other than your
previous kernel module perhaps wasn't build for the kernel you were
using it on but that you should have been noticing before. ;-)

Well, anyway ...
since you got the same error  with memcache, too, it won't be any
option of your file system.

The only thing I can think of is, you built against another kernel or
you had some of the links the Makefile creates made to another kernel
sourcetree.
The only option which has some influence here is the one about version
information in kernel modules.

BTW, enjoy your working AFS :-)

Horst