[OpenAFS] 1.3.74 on AMD64

Andrej Filipcic andrej.filipcic@ijs.si
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:16:13 +0100

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 23:17, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> On Friday, November 26, 2004 20:57:26 +0100 Andrej Filipcic
>
> <andrej.filipcic@ijs.si> wrote:
> >>
> >> There's a patch in RT which will be in 1.3.75, from Jeff Hutzelman.
> >
> > Great,
> >
> > this patch really makes the client work. I have tested it with todays cvs
> > on  FC3 x86_64 with kernel  2.6.9-1.681_FC3.
>
> That's good to hear.  Please let me know if you have any problems; we're
> still very early in our port process, so I don't have a lot of machines
> deployed to stress-test this.

Well, the diskcache does not work. When the cache gets full, its contents is
corrupted. Newly created files are not seen on the client. fs flush helps...

Memory cache mostly works, but there are some problems. It seems that with
masive parallel I/O, some writes to afs can be corrupted. If I compile the
linux kernel in afs space with -j8, few object files can be corrupted. I can
remove those files and the kernel builds fine at the end. Could this be
related to disk-cache problem?

The server is 1.2.13. There are no kernel messages when the corruption apears.
I have tried that with FC3 (offical kernel) and with gentoo (gentoo kernel
2.6.9, gcc3.4.3).

Cheers,
Andrej

> -- Jeff

   doc. dr. Andrej Filipcic,   E-mail: Andrej.Filipcic@ijs.si
   Department of Experimental High Energy Physics - F9
   Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, P.o.Box 3000
   SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
   Tel.: +386-1-477-3674    Fax: +386-1-425-7074