[OpenAFS] 1.3.74 on AMD64

Andrej Filipcic andrej.filipcic@ijs.si
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:47:54 +0100

Hi,

It appears that sk98lin driver on ASUS K8V is responsible for corruption.
I have tested with another network card, now the kernel compiles without
problems.

So, afs for amd64 works on FC3 with memcache. diskcache is still a problem.

Cheers,
Andrej

On Friday 03 December 2004 15:16, Andrej Filipcic wrote:

> Memory cache mostly works, but there are some problems. It seems that with
> masive parallel I/O, some writes to afs can be corrupted. If I compile the
> linux kernel in afs space with -j8, few object files can be corrupted. I
> can remove those files and the kernel builds fine at the end. Could this be
> related to disk-cache problem?

   doc. dr. Andrej Filipcic,   E-mail: Andrej.Filipcic@ijs.si
   Department of Experimental High Energy Physics - F9
   Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, P.o.Box 3000
   SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
   Tel.: +386-1-477-3674    Fax: +386-1-425-7074