[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] AFS / PAM / SSH / (w/o Kerberos)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:16:31 -0500

TOBx <TOBx@gmx.de> writes:

>> Not sure what you maen by "no stand-alone Kerberos stuff".
>
> I meant that the authentication is done via the kaserver and not by a
> kerberos server.
>
> Is there a possibility to get AFS/SSH going without using an extra
> kerberos server?

Define "extra kerberos server".  You could use the kaserver, but
kaserver _only_ support v4.  Also, kaserver _is_ a kerberos server, so
technically you're still using "an extra kerberos server".

> Greets
>    Tobias

-derek