[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] AFS / PAM / SSH / (w/o Kerberos)

TOBx TOBx@gmx.de
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:16:59 +0100

> TOBx <TOBx@gmx.de> writes:
>
>>> Not sure what you maen by "no stand-alone Kerberos stuff".
>>
>> I meant that the authentication is done via the kaserver and not by a
>> kerberos server.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to get AFS/SSH going without using an extra
>> kerberos server?
>
> Define "extra kerberos server".  You could use the kaserver, but
> kaserver _only_ support v4.  Also, kaserver _is_ a kerberos server, so
> technically you're still using "an extra kerberos server".
Sure, of course you're right. ;-)

I meant using the kaserver.
But it seems to me as if the majority of installations are using an
extern (not included in the default openAFS distribution) Kerberos (5)
server for authentication. And my question was for getting AFS tokens
set via SSH/PAM login in an installation with the "default" kaserver.
I just wanted to make the question clearer with this "info". ;-)