[OpenAFS] vos create fails ...

Garry Glendown garry@nethinks.com
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:38:50 +0100

After getting through the basic setup steps, I've run into a problem ...
  I tried createing the root.afs with the command:

	./vos create mymachine /vicepa root.afs -cell files -noauth

as documented, but get the error:

	vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server

The directoy (mount point) exists, and I have a partition mounted ...
could the problem be caused by not using a physical underlying device,
but a file used through a loop device? Alternatively, I tried mounting a
physical drive, but got the same error ... or, is the ReiserFS causing
this that the root partition of the system is running under?

Í'm running on Linux, w/AFS 1.3.77 ...

Tnx, gg