[OpenAFS] Re: rough timeline for 1.4.x

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:20:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:02:02AM +0100, Andrej Filipcic wrote:
>>> Sounds like exactly the same problem I'm having with 1.3.76 on Fedora Core
>>> 2 (I posted about it earlier today). At least it's nice to see I'm not
>>> alone.
>> I have the same problem on several platforms, i386 or amd64, smp or single,
>> FC3 or  gentoo 2.6.9 ... It happens when the disk cache usage is close to
>> 100%. That never happens with memcache...
>
> Sounds like it's very common, then. Is there an entry for this in the
> openafs bugtracker? I couldn't find one.

well, what usually happens is everyone enters their own and doesn't bother
to check, so you're doing better than most. but no, i didn't see one
either. the only disk cache and only near 100% are probably the
significant facts, but i can't think why yet. i want to get all this
worked out so i can integrate the split dcache work, but i'm not going to
do it while there are already problems with dcache.