[OpenAFS] OpenAFS / FreeBSD5.3

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:19:49 -0500

  I'm using OpenAFS 1.2.11 server and client on linux machines. I am
  considering migrating to FreeBSD 5.3. It find it hard to understand the
  OpenAFS state under FreeBSD (or any other BSD). The AFS dedicated ports
  mailing list on FreeBSd seems to indicate this is the right place to ask
  questions about this...

That's ok, I find it hard too.  I think the client does not work and the
server might.  I've got the client running here on 5.3 but it crashes if you
do anything much more than cat a file.

You'll probably want arla if you want to run a client.  If you want to run a
server, try it and tell me what happens.