[OpenAFS] FC3 + AFS 1.3.7x Problems (was: rought timeline for 1.4.x)

Rudolph T. Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:18:19 -0500

--On Wednesday, December 22, 2004 04:19:52 PM -0500 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

>>  I patched as you requested.  The transfer of data completes, but
>>  the file is becoming silently corrupted now.  Here's what Rudy is
>> seeing:
>
> Other people are complaining of issues with a disk-based cache, and
> i'm wondering if we successfully masked one issue to uncover the
> other, can you try a memcache?

Well, the memcache is smaller than the disk cache was (but both are
much smaller than the size of the file being copied)...

But now copying only takes 2 minutes and *so far* I've received the
file intact.  I'll run through a couple more times and write back since
I also saw *occasional* successes even when using the disk cache...

Rudy