[OpenAFS] 1.3.x memcache performance

Kris Van Hees aedil-afs@alchar.org
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:05:01 -0500

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 05:52:21PM +0100, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> If writebehind is turned on (what I just don't assume) then what do you
> get??
> The numbers won't be of any significance at all.

Correct, which is what I meant.  If it is turned out, you'll get (probably)
very nice throughput numbers that are meaningless.

> With the sync-on-close "on" you know how fast your client will be on a
> normal, unspectacular, daily usage.
> IMHO that's the average speed you'll have to expect from that system
> afterwards in production.

Correct, which is indeed also what I meant.

> Did I miss something?? Are we here in a client speed contest?? ;-)

Well, I hope we're not since it is pointless, whichever way you look at it.
I do care about performance numbers though, since it helps with the analysis
that's going on.

	Kris