[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:02:32 -0500

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
>
>>> You can still use kinit for both cells; you'll just have to qualify the
>>> principal that you're obtaining (which is annoying, I agree).
>
>> To be fair ... you still need to qualify the principal when you do klog,
>> don't you?
>
> Not if the local AFS cell is the default in CellServDB, but the remote
> Kerberos v5 realm is the default in krb5.conf.

This implies kinit/aklog for one cell and klog for the other, which is
not quite the same as using klog for both (or kinit/aklog for both).
Let's not mix apples with cucumbers, please.

-derek