[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:23:38 -0800

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> Not if the local AFS cell is the default in CellServDB, but the remote
>> Kerberos v5 realm is the default in krb5.conf.

> This implies kinit/aklog for one cell and klog for the other,

Yes, that would in fact be the original context of this thread.  :)

> which is not quite the same as using klog for both (or kinit/aklog for
> both).  Let's not mix apples with cucumbers, please.

I'm just explaining why using kinit for both is slightly more complicated
than what the original poster's site is doing right now.