Re[4]: [OpenAFS] permissions, symbolic links, ftp

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DEPAUW.EDU
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:11:34 +0000 (CT)

Hi Jeffrey

Ok, I'll try that. But I am still wondering why I can traverse the directories
via that symbolic link when logged in (via a shell) but why I can't when I log
in using ftp.

thanks,

Ron

>What are the ACL's on /home/user and /home/user/public_html?
>otheruser will need at least 'l' on these to traverse them in order to get
>to the csc496 subdirectory.
>
>-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+@cmu.edu>
>   Sr. Research Systems Programmer
>   School of Computer Science - Research Computing Facility
>   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  | http://www.depauw.edu/acad/computer/RonCroonenberg.asp
 602 South College Ave.        |