[OpenAFS] OpenAFS for RedHat Linux Enterprise

Jack Neely jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:47:28 -0500

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:26:51PM +0100, Roberto.Gomezel@ts.infn.it wrote:

> Hi all,
>        please someone could you tell me if there is a plan about the chance of
> having an openafs release for RedHat Linux Enterprise in the future?
> Thank you in advance
>  Bye
>    Roberto Gomezel
>     INFN - Italy

You can download the source RPMS and binaries from

    ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/realmkit/FC1/SRPMS/RealmLinux
    ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/realmkit/FC1/i386/RealmLinux/RPMS

You'll need to rebuild the RPMS to use your cell and CellServDB but
these RPMS do build on RHEL 2.1, 3.0, Fedora Core 1, and Red Hat Linux
<insert multiple versions here>.

Of course, you will need to rebuild them for your kernel.  With the
kernel-source package installed you can do:

    rpmbuild -ba openafs.spec --target i386,i586,i686,athlon

Jack Neely

--
Jack Neely <slack@quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development