[OpenAFS] Dear Transarc, I Quit! Love, Moose

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:58:57 -0500

John Hascall <john@iastate.edu> writes:

> John
> PS, yes I know Tru64 is a dead end, but I so overspec'd our AFS-DBs
>     that we've pretty much just left them sleeping dogs lie for years..

The DB servers should build on just about ANYTHING.  You dont need
anything special to run a DB server -- it's completely in user space.
A file server or an AFS client is a different story, but you should
be perfectly safe with DB servers on Tru64 ad infinitum.

-derek