[OpenAFS] Serious sync host problem

Ulrich Hahn ulrich.hahn@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:28:57 +0100 (CET)

Since a server restart on sunday I encounter a very strange sync site/host
problem on our 2 oafs servers.
Volume operations are impossible because there is no sync site.
Fidling with udebug I found a very strange situation.
Everything looks like a time sync problem at first sight (udebug
tells 0.0.0.0 is the sync site), but both servers are time synced.
Executing udebug at a higher frequency revealed that a sync site is indeed
selected, but the duration is a negative number (its a fixed time in the
past (namely Sat 01/10 14:38:03)) so it seem reasonable that the sync site
is droped at once.
I tried to restart all servers but to no avail.
Any suggestions?
I'll be glad to supply additional information.

Uli

: Dr. Ulrich Hahn             email: ulrich.hahn@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de :
: Zentrum f=FCr Datenverarbeitung            Tel: + (49) 07071 29 70315 :
: Universit=E4t T=FCbingen                     FAX: + (49) 07071 29  5912 :