[OpenAFS] Odd syncing behaviour AFTER upgrade

R.Ries@tu-bs.de R.Ries@tu-bs.de
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:55:31 +0100 (MET)

Hello

We observed this same behaviour a couple of months ago. I don't think we
could blame it on the new server modules from last weekend.

There are some decscription on how the passward verification stuff is used
in the Transarc Admin and Command Refer. Guides. They state that the max.
number of attempts divided by the number of kaservers is the local
maximum of each of the kaservers.

So as you observed, we too found that the windows client as opposed to the
unix client seems to ask only 1 kaserver. The result is as you described.

Though we can not prove it we think it was introduced with a newer Windows
Client. We observed this behaviour with W2K and WXP.