[OpenAFS] Odd syncing behaviour AFTER upgrade

giovanni bracco bracco@frascati.enea.it
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:09:54 +0100

On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:03, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Norman P. B. Joseph wrote:
> > But looking at an account today I suspected that maybe the databases
> > were not in sync, and that the user and the admin were getting different
> > answers from talking to different servers (we have three).  So I tried
> > the following with the following results:
> >
> > % kas exa JoeUser -server server1
> >   User is locked forever.
> > % kas exa JoeUser -server server2
> >   User is not locked.
>
> []
>
> > Wait a minute.  Aren't these databases supposed to agree?
>
> The kaserver "account locked" stuff is in an external, unsync'd database.

we have 6 dbservers and we observe the same situation: users can become locked
on some of the dbservers only, e.g. 3 out of 6, even if the ka dbs appear to
be  properly syncronized.

Now I understand that the locked stuff is  "in an external, unsync'd
database."

So the only way to reset the situation is to unlock the user explicetely on
all the dbservers where it appears locked?

May I have some more information or reference to the "external, unsync'd
database."?

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Bracco