[OpenAFS] how to increase space

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:46:13 +0000

>Fileserver
>the
> > >AIX
> > >Version
>source
>--enable-fast-restart
> > >this

>based
> > >or

> > >System
> > >-localauth

> > >know)

>Clients
>.

>the
> > >src
>least
> > >an
> > > >

> > >make dest :-)
> > >
> > >Sven
> > >

> > Argh! I have to ask you one more question (Sorry!!! I have to get this
>right
> > or I'll be filling in my P45 tomorrow!) I've just realised after doing
>the
>
>what ever is a P45 ??

It's the name of a tax form we have (in the UK) when we're made redundant.
Are there any jobs going at IBM incidentally?! (preferably not working with
AFS!)

> > make dest, I don't have any binaries called v3fshelper or any of the
>other
> > binaries that appear under /sbin/helpers. Also do I need to worry about
>
>hmm.. if a checkdisk runns across your afs partitions without the right
>v3fsheler file , it deletes you data if itr's not a NAMEI Server :-)
>
>maybe you should google for one , because i have no version for AIX 4.3.3
>i think there is a problem with the copyright , that's while it's not in
>the source code .

Do you think it would be OK to use the v3fshelper file that's already under
/sbin/helpers, or are you saying I have to upgrade that as well or I could
lose my data? That sounds really bad! HELP!!!

Thanks - I think I'm almost there now!

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger