[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.11 on Gentoo 1.4

Stephen Bosch posting@vodacomm.ca
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:10:44 -0700

Sven Oehme wrote:

> Hy Stephen ,
>
> afs is not as easy to install , like other Software :-) or at least the
> first time you do it ...
>
> you have to create your Filesystem Volumes , initialize the Userdatabase

Hi, Sven:

Actually, I have done all of those things. I followed the OpenAFS Quick
Beginnings guide, and referred to the Gentoo OpenAFS guide occasionally
also. The accounts are there, but I am using pam, and I don't think I am
being authenticated properly.

Observe:

wopr security # /usr/afs/bin/vos listvldb -cell vodacomm.ca
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
VLDB entries for all servers

root.afs
     RWrite: 536870912
     number of sites -> 1
        server 192.168.0.2 partition /vicepa RW Site

Total entries: 1
wopr security #

Can anyone answer the following question for me? If am using pam, do my
*nix user accounts have to match my AFS user accounts? Do the passwords
have to be the same? Any suggestions on how I should be troubleshooting
this problem? If I am using pam, can I still use klog to authenticate?

-Stephen-