[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.11 on Gentoo 1.4

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:13:56 +0100

Hi,

> wopr security # /usr/afs/bin/vos listvldb -cell vodacomm.ca
> vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.

try "klog admin" for getting a (admin) token.
try "tokens" to show the tokens you have.

> Can anyone answer the following question for me? If am using pam, do
> my *nix user accounts have to match my AFS user accounts?

I suppose that your pam configuration does the right thing and doesn't
give a token to root.

> Do the passwords have to be the same? Any suggestions on how I should
> be troubleshooting this problem?

It helps if the UIDs and the password are the same.

> If I am using pam, can I still use klog to authenticate?

Sure.

Hendrik

--
Je mehr ich plane, desto haerter trifft mich die Wirklichkeit.
(Friedrich Duerrenmatt)