[OpenAFS] Quorum Election Problem

Derek T. Yarnell derek@cs.umd.edu
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:27:46 -0500

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:18:15PM -0500, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> More specifically, you have three CellServDB files to worry about:
>
> - The one on the "outside" clients, which should contain only the
> externally visible addresses.

Yes, this is what I have.

> - The one on the "inside" clients, which should presumably contain only the
> interior addresses.

Yes, this is also what I have.

> - The one used by the servers themselves.  This lives in /usr/afs/etc or
> /etc/openafs/server, depending on how you built OpenAFS.  This file must be
> the same on all three servers, and should contain _exactly_ one line for
> each server.  As Derrick points out, that line should have the name you get
> when you run 'hostname' on that machine, and the IP address you get when
> you resolve that name via DNS.

[derek@queasy /tmp]# hostname
queasy.csic.umd.edu
[derek@queasy /tmp]# host queasy.csic.umd.edu
queasy.csic.umd.edu has address 128.8.126.131
[derek@queasy /tmp]# cat /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
>csic.umd.edu   #Cell name
128.8.126.131    #queasy.csic.umd.edu
128.8.126.139    #qualmish.csic.umd.edu

[root@qualmish ~]# hostname
qualmish.csic.umd.edu
[root@qualmish ~]# host qualmish.csic.umd.edu
qualmish.csic.umd.edu has address 128.8.126.139
[root@qualmish ~]# cat /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
>csic.umd.edu   #Cell name
128.8.126.131    #queasy.csic.umd.edu
128.8.126.139    #qualmish.csic.umd.edu

[derek@queasy /tmp]# bos listhosts queasy
Cell name is csic.umd.edu
    Host 1 is queasy.csic.umd.edu
    Host 2 is qualmish.csic.umd.edu
[derek@queasy /tmp]# bos listhosts qualmish
Cell name is csic.umd.edu
    Host 1 is queasy.csic.umd.edu
    Host 2 is qualmish.csic.umd.edu

This setup has been working for more than a year and now it udebug is
hanging.

I do get this,

[derek@queasy /tmp]# vos listaddr -verbose
queasy.csic.umd.edu
qualmish.csic.umd.edu
jaundiced.csic.umd.edu
jaundiced-int.csic.umd.edu
vos: could not list the server addresses
vl: Index out of range

Jaundiced should no longer be in the listaddr's but it is, I don't
really see how to delete it.

a vos listvldb does not report any volumes on jaundiced, as it
shouldn't.

???

--
---