[OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Linux +XP

Eggert, Richard W, II (Rich), GVSOL rweggert@att.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:16:00 -0600

If I recall correctly, I ran into the blue screens most often on my
laptop (which runs XP PRo).  If I left it idle while holding AFS tokens,
the laptop would go back into standby mode, which would wipe out any
network connections.  When trying to start back up, it seemed to want to
log back in, something would go wrong (probably due to the wireless
network interface not coming back up right away), and I'd get a blue
screen of death.

My memory is a bit foggy, but this is how I remember it happening.

Rich=20

-----Original Message-----
From: ted creedon [mailto:tcreedon@easystreet.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 1:36 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Linux +XP

Yes but he did compile it himself which often corrects whatever..

Rodney's work provides a painless way to preserve user information on a
redundant file system. It also solves the SSO problem on mixed systems.

As stated before, when BOTH AD servers crash (multiple power outages)
you're
in trouble.

tedc