[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Chris McClimans openafs-info@mcclimans.net
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:27:44 -0600

It's kinda backwards here.
CS.TTU.EDU is my MIT Kerberos Realm and it trusts TTU.EDU which is the
MS Active Directory Domain.
CS.TTU.EDU is a service principal domain, no user accounts.
I was looking into putting my service principal into the TTU.EDU AD.
I've put in a request to get a keytab generated, but I'd rather keep
control of my own realm and service principals if possible. Waiting on
another organization to generate keytabs is a pain sometimes.
-chri

On Jan 22, 2004, at 4:48 PM, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:

> [...]
>
> (AD.UIUC.EDU is the MS Active Directory domain and it trusts the
> UIUC.EDU MIT Kerberos Realm.)
>
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>unlog
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>kdestroy
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>tokens
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>    --End of list --
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>klist
> klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache API:cclausen.krb5cc)
>
> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
> klist: No ticket file (tf_util)
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>ms2mit
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>gssklog
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>tokens
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
> User cclausen's tokens for afs@acm.uiuc.edu [Expires Jan 23 02:07]
>    --End of list --
> cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>klist
> Ticket cache: API:cclausen.krb5cc
> Default principal: cclausen@AD.UIUC.EDU
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 01/22/04 16:07:26  01/23/04 02:07:26  krbtgt/AD.UIUC.EDU@AD.UIUC.EDU
>         renew until 01/29/04 16:07:26
> 01/22/04 16:07:26  01/23/04 02:07:26  krbtgt/ACM.UIUC.EDU@AD.UIUC.EDU
>         renew until 01/29/04 16:07:26
> 01/22/04 16:43:21  01/23/04 02:07:26
> gssklog/mintaka.acm.uiuc.edu@ACM.UIUC.EDU
>         renew until 01/23/04 16:43:21
> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
> klist: No ticket file (tf_util)
>

> I did have to set the following registry key though to get it to work
> in
> Windows 2003 Server:
> "The default behavior of the APIs used by MS2MIT have changed in
> Win2k3.
> If you set
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters\AllowTgtS
> ssionKey = 1 (REG_DWORD) Then ms2mit will be able to propagate the
> session key into the MIT cache"
>
> I don't have any XP machines, so I'm not sure if it is needed on
> Windows
> XP.
>
> Also, you have to patch the Kerberos libraries on your AFS servers (or
> whicher machines run gssklogd) to support tickets from multiple realms.
> Doug Engert sent me the patch.   I'll forward it as a seperate message.
>
> <<CDC
> Christopher D. Clausen
> ACM@UIUC SysAdmin
>

> Chris McClimans <openafs-info@mcclimans.net> wrote:
>> David,
>> I'm using a similar setup here at TTU.
>> I have a CS.TTU.EDU mit realm with trust principals from the TTU.EDU
>> realm (an MS Active Directory) for user accounts.
>> I'm currently trying to find a decent solution from windows XP boxes
>> that are part of the TTU.EDU domain to automatically get tokens from
>> login. MIT leash/kinit + gssklog work however, ms2mit and gssklog
>> fail. Are you straight unixen in your department or do you have a
>> mixture like myself?
>> -chris
>>

>> On Dec 30, 2003, at 11:21 PM, David Botsch wrote:
>>
>>> I should add that here we have the additional complication of two
>>> realms. There is our realm/cell, and there is the realm used by the