[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:07:45 -0600

Maybe we should take this offline.

Chris McClimans wrote:

> Here is gssklog by itself, ms2mit + gssklog, and the only combo that
> works, kinit (MIT) and gssklog.
> -chris
>
> *******************************
> Using gssklog by itself:
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>klist
> klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache API:krb5cc)
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>tokens
>
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>
>     --End of list --

This is as expected. Witout any addition input, gssapi
or SSPI can not get a credential.

But if you use "gssklog user" it will prompt for a password like
klog would and use SSPI in this situation.

> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>gssklog
> SSPI-error init_sec_context failed: major:80090300 minor:0012f200
> Not enough memory is available to complete this request
>
> Problem 2 with server elm.cs.ttu.edu, trying next
> SSPI-error init_sec_context failed: major:80090300 minor:0012f1f0
> Not enough memory is available to complete this request

The Microsoft error message is misleading.I have seen this before
when our Windows Admins updated one of the AD to Windows 2003.

The AD would then start generating tickets with knvo !=0. Check
the syslogs on the gssklogd servers and see if you are getting
"Key version number ... is incorrect" messages. If so I can tell
you how to correct it.

> Problem 2 with server oak.cs.ttu.edu
> Failed code = 2
>
> ********************************
> Using gssklog after ms2mit:
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>ms2mit
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>klist
> Ticket cache: API:krb5cc
> Default principal: cmcclima@TTU.EDU
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 01/22/04 17:10:48  01/23/04 01:10:48  krbtgt/TTU.EDU@TTU.EDU
>          renew until 01/22/04 18:10:48
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>gssklog
> GSS-error init_sec_context failed: major:000d0000 minor:00000000
> Miscellaneous failure
> No error
> Problem 2 with server elm.cs.ttu.edu, trying next
> GSS-error init_sec_context failed: major:000d0000 minor:00000000
> Miscellaneous failure
> No error
> Problem 2 with server oak.cs.ttu.edu
> Failed code = 2

Not sure. Do the syslogs on the gssklogd servers have any messages?

> **********************************
> Destroying the ms2mit tickets and getting MIT based tickets. then
> running gssklog:
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>kdestroy
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>klist
> klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache API:krb5cc)
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>kinit cmcclima@TTU.EDU
> Password for cmcclima@TTU.EDU:
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>gssklog
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>tokens
>
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>
> User cmcclima's tokens for afs@cs.ttu.edu [Expires Jan 23 03:21]
>     --End of list --
>
> N:\classes\auth\gssklog>klist
> Ticket cache: API:krb5cc
> Default principal: cmcclima@TTU.EDU
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 01/22/04 17:21:07  01/23/04 03:21:07  krbtgt/TTU.EDU@TTU.EDU
> 01/22/04 17:21:07  01/23/04 03:21:07  krbtgt/CS.TTU.EDU@TTU.EDU
> 01/22/04 17:21:16  01/23/04 03:21:07  gssklog/elm.cs.ttu.edu@CS.TTU.EDU

This looks correct.