[OpenAFS] Force to be the clone only site

Chunlan Zhang lyzhang@umich.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:07:21 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I did not explain my problem clearly enough last time, I try again now.

I have two DB servers, now they are running openafs-1.2.10 with the
quorum patch.

I am trying to force the one with the lower Ip address to be the clone
only by putting a [] in the /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB. I did "bos restart
XXX -all" on every server after that. The ptserver and vlserver work as
expected. The one with the lower IP address thinks itself is a clone only
for the ptserver and vlserver, but the buserver does not pay attention to
the [] inside the /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB, the one with the lower ip address
still thinks itself is the sync site.

I should get "I am a clone and never can become sync site" for every time
one I run the udebug from the machine with the lower ip address, but I
only got it for the ptserver and vlserver, the buserver never honor the
square brakets in the /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB.

Would some one take a look at this problem please?

Thanks in advance.

*	Lynn Zhang             	        *
*	LS&A System Services Team       *
*	lyzhang@umich.edu               *