[OpenAFS] repeatable win2K exceptions

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:47:45 -0800

Programs-->OpenAFS-->Control Center-->Account Manager

Creates exceptions without fail

This is a 2K server AFS client machine

Server Manager seems to work OK

Also a bluescreen when clicking on the token icon, but that was after I =
blew
the cell away and recreated it on my Linux boxes

Rebooted and seems to work now

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org =
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Derrick J Brashear
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10:06 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Help: intermittent fileservice hangs

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 cball@bu.edu wrote:

> Over the past weekend we had numerous, intermittent AFS access =
problems.

Guess: you were running out of threads.

rxdebug (fileserver) 7000
when it's happening.

> read-write below the WWW root directory.  Switching the WWW root into
> "maintenance mode" (an alternate root directory volume with read-only
> mounts) solved the problem.  Monday the original scenario was =
restored;
> we've gone 30 hours without a relapse.

Too many callbacks being broken, perhaps.

> Fileserver and database server logs showed nothing out of the =
ordinary.
> This is a fundamental concern; while different options may be =
appropriate
> it is quite disturbing to transition into a non-functional state with
> nothing in /usr/afs/logs [that I understand] to indicate a problem.

kill -TSTP fileserver-pid

turns up the logging, which goes in /usr/afs/logs/FileLog

> "-p <#processes>" options which appear to be interesting.  Is there a =
way
> to query or log utilization levels or to get an indication when limits =
are
> exceeded?

Look at the threads as above. the xstat_fs_test program also exposes =
some
useful data