[OpenAFS] interesting day at the the afs bazzar

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:59:42 -0800

FYI:

mount -t smbfs //bigserver/bigarchive /mnt -ousername=3Dmylogin
cd /afs/.mycell/bigafsarchive  #bigafsarchive.vol
cp -rp /mnt/* .

...some files copied but then "can't stat /afs/.mycell/denali/..." error
appeared from the cp command. Then:

1. Linux 1.2.11 afs server and client hung
2. /afs was turned into /afs* (that's right looked like an executable)
3. Win 2K clients hung

/mnt was about 80 Gig or mixed linux/win filenames on a ntfs partition =
on
bigserver. no single file larger than 680Meg

looks like the quota's on /afs/.mycell/bigafsarchive were set at 5000 =
was
the problem. Set all to 0

went to Bill gates filesystem and removed uninteresting files. Ran it =
again
and it completed with minor gripes

The afs crashes are interesting

I'll continue abusing your filesystem