[OpenAFS] oAFS & Arla

Mike Fedyk mfedyk@matchmail.com
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:27:59 -0700

Hi guys,

I did a search on google, and it didn't turn much up on this subject, so
I'm asking here.  I hope I don't step on any toes, but...

Why doesn't OpenAFS merge with Arla?

It is said arla has a stable client, and 2.6 support without syscall
table hacks.

Are the BSD and IPL licenses compatible?  That way, you could pick and
choose the parts from arla you want, and split on file boundaries.  If
not then BSD (without the advertising clause) is supposedly compatible
with just about anything.  So could it be "transformed" into IPL
licensed code?

How production ready is their client (especially the Linux kernel module)?

OK, that's probably enough questions for now.

Thanks,

Mike