Re[2]: [OpenAFS] IBM AFS server manager 3.5

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:21:00 CT

>That is the loopback address.
>
>Every computer with TCP/IP has that address.  It is the local computer.
>
>So to the OpenAFS server 127.0.0.1 is itself -- the server, not your
>windows computer.

ok so that mean that on the server that serves the cell I should have a config file somewhere that has
the loopback address in it somewhere.  right ?

(btw:  in that afs server manager, it gives me the dns name of the windows machine, with the loopback
address as it's IP, NOT the dns name of the server with it's loopback address.) that is Why I suspected
the  windows machine somehow popping up as a server for that cell.  So maybe it's something in the
configuration of AFS on that windows thing ?

Ron

 Ron Croonenberg                     |  Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator              |  Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience       |  e-mail : ronc@depauw.edu
 DePauw University                   |
 Julian Science & Math Center        |
 602 South College Ave.              |