Re[5]: [OpenAFS] found some localhost error msgs

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:49:38 CT

Uhm no this is a Linux ES 3  server.

The problem apparently was the /etc/hosts file. after I fixed that one the
loopback adapter didn't show up in the "vos listvld" anymore.

However I still have a problem with the windows client (AFS server manager)
seeing a server 127.0.0.1 in the new afs cell I created.

>That has nothing to do with your CellServDB.
>This happens sometimes on Windows AFS servers when you have more than
>one interface and you start AFS without having  the correct ip address
>up.

uhm, where does one set "the correct IP address" in the windows software ?
CellServDB ?

>At least this was my experience some time ago.
>Am I right, this is a Windows server???

>Sometimes when you try to remove that address your server will
>completely disappear for a while but AFS is still working.

I couldn't remove that server from the VLDB, I reinstalled everything.

>That's why I never worried about it. I heard from others that moving
>all the volumes to another server and back would solve that. I don't
>know if this helps in your case because you have the root.afs on that
>server and you shouldn't be moving that volume AND the replicas.

Uhm, I have one production server that I don't want to mess with. This one is a
new server/cell.

>Horst

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |