[OpenAFS] Can't find db servers on Windows build

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:55:58 -0400

Hi,

Sorry if this topic has been covered, I've been out of the AFS loop for
a while. :-)

I installed the AFS client (1.3.6590 debug) on XP along with KfW (2.6.3)
and the AFS service is running, but if I try to obtain AFS tokens, I get
an Error: 11862791 (AFS service may not have started).  Also, if I look
at the file servers, none are listed.  Someone else on campus here is
experiencing the same thing (with a slightly older build, don't know the
exact version).  Apparently, the file servers are found after several
hours.  Is there any way to modify how AFS refreshes the file server
list or am I just totally missing something in my config?  Thanks!

- Robbie

--
Robbie Foust
OIT - Systems and Core Services