Re[2]: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:50:02 CT

>Why is the loopback adapter not installed on this machine?

well,  a bit ago I had 127.0.0.1 show up as a server for that cell. But it
sounds like the loopbackadapter should be installed ?

>>And then it seems to have lost the first 3 characters of the name of the cell.
>>Also, this machine has only one ethernetcard,  but don't the entries for
>>"lana=3" and "lana=6" indicate there is more then one ?

>I will bet the problem is the fact that the name of your cell begins
>with "afs" (or actually the string that matches the NetbiosName registry
>value or the MountRoot registry value.)  What is the name of your old
>cell?

the name of the old cell, that is still up and running on another server is
csc.depauw.edu.  but the cells are on diffrent machines.

>Are you willing to provide me access to afs-2.csc.depauw.edu?  I will
>require the CellServDB entries and connectivity if you are behind a VPN.

Sure, I can do that. let me know what you need know or what I have to set up for
you (and I'll send it to you directly)

>As for the multiple adapters, yes, you have more than one network
>adapter on the machine.  Network adapters do not have to correspond to
>physical hardware.

hmmm...ok...

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |