[OpenAFS] WAKE vs afscreds

matt cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:21:06 +1200

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> You don't need Wake.  Just install MIT KFW 2.6.4 and OpenAFS 1.3.65 or
> higher
> and you will have integrated Kerberos 5 support in the AFS client.

Well yes but we are still using wake because we get the non-windows krb5
ticket as well as the afs tokens for the users at login.

The saved krb5 ticket then allows us to keep the staff happy via leash
autorenew function (they hate logging in every 10 hours) and it means we
can make use of this krb5 ticket for web services etc.

I think we maybe able to do this without wake using afscreds and leash32
but we have not had the time to get it working yet. Any hints would be
gratefully received.

Cheers

Matt