[OpenAFS] Redundancy please, the last steps!

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:51:29 +0200

Hi!

I succeeded in adding a new server, using the documentation on openafs,
but I have more than one question.

** First of all, the slave machine has a lower IP than the main one. It
is suggested not to have such a configuration. Should I find problems?

** Second, I tries to move a volume, but every time I find a vos error
``no quorum elected''. What's that? How can I fix it?

** Third, I want a real redundancy, so that when the main server is
down, the slave would be sufficient to login, at least for those lucky
persons who have their volumes on the slave. Is it needed to ``vos
addsite'' root.cell and root.afs? I tried to addsite, and all I got is
this:

plm:~# vos addsite -server slave -partition /vicepa -id root.cell
 Could not lock the VLDB entry for the volume 536870915
u: no quorum elected
Error in vos addsite command.
u: no quorum elected
plm:~#

** Fourth, Is it possible to make some kind of redundancy over the
volumes located on the main machine?

** Fifth, and last thought: the steps shown on the documentation are
sufficient for replicating the protection database. Am I right?

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>