[OpenAFS] Windows clients: suggestions?

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:26:53 +0200

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 19:16, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>      1. Install the OpenAFS 1.3.66 client (when it is announced) and
>         KFW 2.6.4 on your machines

Yes, this is what I supposed.

>      1. Join the machines to either a Windows domain with cross-realm
>         trust to the KDC authenticating the AFS cell OR use KSETUP to
>         authenticate the Windows workstation to the KDC directly

Absolutely NO AD or Windows ``domain'' (or better windows-ized kerberos
realm).

Ksetup should be better.

>      1. Configure AFS to use Integrated Login

Yes.

>      1. Use the Windows account tools to point the profile at
>         \\AFS\cellname\path-to-profile

That's what I want to avoid: use two different patterns, and make the
user modify his account. Should ldap help me?

> I do not seem to remember receiving a bug report from you regarding a
> crash; so there must not have been a crash.

It does when the login window appears.

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>