[OpenAFS] Placing an AFS server behind a NAT

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:37:17 -0400

Here is my setup for afs server behind a nat (which seems to work
properly):

/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB has the private (behind the nat box) address of
the server

/usr/afs/local/NetInfo has two lines:
private ip
f public-realipofnatbox

clients behind the nat box have the private ip. Clients in the public
net have the real ip of the nat box.

There is an initial timeout from clients while trying to talk to the
other ip (the afs server must say my ips are such and such and then the
client tries to talk to both and fails), and then all works well.

I also have the krb4 and afs server ports being forwarded through the
nat box.