[OpenAFS] Placing an AFS server behind a NAT

Lester Barrows barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:45:09 -0700

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps my setup is a bit unusual, as the NAT subnet has
two other AFS servers already connected to it, both of which are multihomed
on an externally visible network. One of these other servers runs the VLDB
service, and while both IP addresses are being advertised, accessing the
"public" IP address for the new server doesn't seem to work. Even on the new
server, it's not possible to execute e.g. a "vos listvol <external IP
address>" command. Using the internal "private" IP does work, but volumes on
this server are not visible externally. The static NAT on the router appears
to be fine. Perhaps this exact configuration is not possible?

Regards,

Lester Barrows
Asani Solutions, LLC
Code IC Systems Group