[OpenAFS] AFS Errors for Windows 2000

Matt Boone maboone@gmail.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:04:38 -0400

Hi:

I am using the newest windows client of OpenAFS v 1.3.65.00 and I am
having issues with mapping network drives with windows 2000.
The first login after a reboot will fail to map all of the network
drives. After a user logs out and logs back in, the mapped network
drives appear as they should.

When we login to the domain controller, we get mappings to get the AFS drives.
This is the error log from the event viewer. Can anyone please give
feedback on any possible solutions or work-arounds.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   AFS DriveMap
Event Category: None
Event ID:       0
Date:           6/29/2004
Time:           2:47:24 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       OIT-82-107
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AFS DriveMap ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: Mount Persistant Local[J:]
Remote[\\afs\all] User[NULL]=55.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   AFS DriveMap
Event Category: None
Event ID:       0
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AFS DriveMap ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: Forced Dismount Remote[S:]=0.

Thanks,

Matthew