[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on HPPA

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:27:38 -0500

Richard Green wrote:

> I have some HP-Visualize PA-RISC machines that have fallen in my lap to
> be the admin of. I've followed my orders and found something other than
> HP-UX to run on them (Debian). However, that's where the trouble comes in.

The problem is not so much the PA-RISC architecture, but the Debian
kernel source.  Look at the /src/config/param.parisc_linux24.h and see
if it be built on your Debian system.

The only place in AFS where I have seen where the actual architecture
was visible (other the endian and sizeof) was in the LWP where it was
trying to manipulate the stack using the registers. But this is not
in the kernel, where most of your problems will be.