[OpenAFS] Version (was Re: Error when moving volumes)

Christian Pfaffel flash@itp.tu-graz.ac.at
30 Jun 2004 13:09:28 +0200

Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> writes:

> On Mon 28 Jun 2004 at 17:57:30 -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
> > Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
> > Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Error when moving volumes
> >
> > I suggest you send the output of
> >
> > rxdebug marvin 7005 -version
> >
> > which will indicate the actual version of the running volserver.
>
> I'm a little doubtful of the accuracy of this; I'm running server
> binaries compiled from Debian's openafs-1.2.11-1 source and diffs;
> when I run rxdebug on my servers, I get this result:
>
>      > rxdebug xxxxx 7005 -version
>      Trying 130.88.xxx.xx (port 7005):
>      AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.2.10 built  2004-01-12
>
> (the source was released on January 11 at
> www-openafs.central.org/release/latest.html.)
>
> Of course, the number reported is the one in the compiled source;
> someone has released a version which contains the file configure-libafs
> apparently generated from an old template.  If I look at the debian
> binary for vlserver from the same site, I find this:
>
>      OpenAFS 1.2.10 built  2004-01-11
>
> Admittedly Debian's build procedure is a little different, but
> can it not be that other binaries have the wrong version number
> built into them?

I filed a bug report concerning this yesterday:

        http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=5553

regards,
Christian

--
Christian Pfaffel <flash@itp.tu-graz.ac.at>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90