[OpenAFS] OAFS/LDAP Integration & List Archive weirdness

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:56:00 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Kevin wrote:

> shows this thread as six separate threads all with the
> same subject and they're not adjacent to eachother so
> it's quite difficult to follow the thread from one
> article to the next using the index sorted by thread.
> And if I link to the first article in the thread and
> then follow the links entitled, "Next message:" then I
> walk through the thread and miss several articles.

If a mail client doesn't include the relevant headers (In-Reply-To or
References IIRC) then the mail archive won't correlate the message as
being the same thread. The other cause is replying by manually typing in
the subject you want to reply to, instead of replying to a message on it.

Of course, thinking about it, this screams that if you have digests
enabled on a list the archive will be sad.