[OpenAFS] Tickets, tokens, foreign cells, etc.

Ray Link rlink+@pitt.edu
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:05:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Kevin wrote:

> Questions:
> 1) As an AFS user defined in the pts database (without
> admin privileges), should I be able to see foreign
> cells that are mounted at /afs/foreign_cell when
> logged in to any client machine that mounts the AFS
> filesystem at /afs?  I can see them when I'm logged in
> as such as user to the _server_ machine (also
> configured as a client), but not when logged in as
> such a user to a client-only machine.  Do I have to
> explicitly make each foreign cell available on each
> client machine somehow?

It sounds like you don't have explicit mountpoints for the foreign cells
in your root.afs volume, and are using -dynroot on the server/clients
but not on the client-only hosts.

==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === rlink@pitt.edu ====
   ==== PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~rlink/gpgkey.asc.txt ====

Sugar makes the world go 'round.  Caffeine makes it spin faster.