[OpenAFS] Stupid question #2

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:59:45 -0500 (EST)

> Is there any way to prevent the RW volume from showing up on the clients?
>
> On the client, if I do a "ls -al /afs", I do not want any ".volumes" to
> list, only the RO volumes.  I've fooled with ACL and protection database
> settings but it seems I can only get all-or-none results.
>
> Am I missing something?   Like last time it's probably something simple
> and stupid I'm overlooking, but I can't find it.

  I can't think of any simple way to do it.  One way to do it though is
to create a seperate root volume containing just what you want in
it(hence no RW mounts).  So you create something like root.afs.simple,
and then add the option "-rootvol root.afs.simple" to your startup
scripts on the clients.

Tim

Tim Craig            These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems
tim@umbc.edu         It's hard to be serious when you're
                       naked. - Garfield